Sunday 12 February 2012

The first question I was asked when I announed I was getting married was.... Who is taking your pictures, who shoots a photographers wedding???.


HAHA, well If I could have done it myself I would have, but I had to trust someone enough with my special day. I had to step back and be the subject for a change. So, how did I choose?


Well I started with choosing someone with the same shooting style as mine, who edits like I would, and has a simlair personality to mine. We short listed a few candidates, and eventually decided on Mardee Maree (Shoot2Print Photography).


Let me tell you, It took a LOT of self restraint, to hold back and not want to control every aspect of our photos. However, Mardee was patient enough to allow us some input with ideas of a few pictures that we would really like, that screams THIS IS US!!!!.


The result is the below pictures. I must however say (with a twinkle in my eye) that I did somewhat have a bit of control in the end. Every aspect of my wedding was carefully chosen for MAXIMUM IMPACT, right down to the colour of the jewellery I wore. I couldn't help but think.... this would look really cool in the pictures, and ..... I can photograph the heck out of this myself as well.  Which I did.


 Yes, yes, I ended up working on my wedding night, well I had the time and the equipment why not? A touch of me in the pictures why not. I had a blast taking the pictures the night before the wedding, every conceivable angle. It must have been a funny sight if someone had to look through the window... butt in the air and nose to the ground, nice low angle.














At the end of the day, I got what I wanted, the photographer got what he wanted, and we are all happy!! It was a perfect day, followed by perfect pictures and lasting memories.


These are a few of what I did.






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see, let me know :-)